Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thursday Rant..

My dad and I were talking last night about frustrations with our society lately. If you have an opinion, it seems as though you aren't being given the freedom to express it without being called homophobic or racist or discriminating, etc. People get so offended by taking things WAY out of context and seem to be looking for an argument. Why is one side entitled to their opinion but the second you go to give yours, you are labeled something negative? It just doesn't make any sense.

Today I saw a couple articles on this exact topic. I'm sure most of you have heard of the 'Fit Mom' on Facebook. If not, this is a picture of her and her THREE kids just simply asking "What is your excuse?"
PHOTO: Fit Mom, Maria Kang

She started the page to try and motivate moms to become educated on healthy living and showing their kids the same healthy lifestyle. She wrote about stats of high child obesity rates etc. Well people were writing the rudest things on her page saying that 'normal women dont look like this'.. 'Looking how they do is perfectly fine'.. etc.

I totally agree with her when she said she believe people are celebrating unhealthy habits and they make excuses for those-many moms using the excuse that they have kids.

I LOVED reading her posts though, she is a great example of just because you are a mom, that doesn't mean that you necessarily have to embrace and accept the normal weight gains that come along with it. I think she looks amazing and is a great role model in getting fit with not just one kid but THREE!  I think more women should try harder, not just for their husbands, but for themselves and for their kids.



The other article that I read was about a transgender athlete that is sueing Crossfit by saying that they are refusing to let him compete in the womens division at the upcoming Crossfit games. He is legally recognized in California as a women, but I mean come on, let think about anatomy here... That is just SO NOT FAIR! "She" was still born as a man, with man muscles, man build. etc.. Any and every day, that would beat a women in crossfit, not because women aren't strong, but men are and always will be, stronger. It is what it is.

Well this 'women' and her supporters are saying that isn't right and they should let 'her' compete with the other women. And since they are saying that 'she' has an unfair advantage, she is now demanding 2.5 million dollars to "make things right"... well this is what the Crossfit board had to say..

'"Our decision has nothing to do with 'ignorance' or being bigots -- it has to do with a very real understanding of the human genome, of fundamental biology, that you are either intentionally ignoring or missed in high school."


"She cant really get offended, it is what it is... you were born a MAN and you definitely would have an unfair advantage over any women competing..."



People have turned issues into such touchy topics... whether it is religion, politics, sexual orientation, etc.. what happened to the days where you didnt take things SO personally and just looked at things for facts or just let people have their own opinions and just left them alone? Why does EVERYONE have to have the same opinion on these issues? Isn't that why America is supposed to be such a great country? We can all have our OWN opinions and NOT be discriminated against or labeled something negative for it. I don't get what has gone wrong... but it is frustrating.

I am a Christian, always have been and ALWAYS will be. I live my life the best that I know how, I try and treat people equal and I try to not judge for whatever life decisions they may make. I believe in a traditional marriage but I don't hate those that don't agree with me. I believe blacks, whites, hispanics, asians, etc. are all equal and we are all given the same rights when we are born, now whether one decided to do great things or not is their own choice. Do I make mistakes? ABSOLUTELY. But why do I get yelled at and called negative names for believing in God and being a conservative republic who is Pro-Life & who agrees with a traditional marriage/family and who thinks that when you work hard, you should get rewarded, not punished? I'll never know


NIght Owl Venting

1 comment :

  1. I'm a christian as well and hold firm in what I believe in.I treat others like i want to be treated and always willing to listen to others and I've been treated unfair for reasons I will never know.

    Am I a bad blogger? Honestly? http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/03/am-i-bad-blogger.html

    Would love for you to come join my hop @ http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/03/blog-hop-2014.html

    ReplyDelete