Tuesday, October 29, 2013

It's Almost Hump Day

Well it's week number 3 here at work.. I don't really have much to do yet (which kind of gets boring) but hey.. I guess I can't complain too much.. I have a job and I am getting paid!
 
 
Lately we have been battling certain thoughts and decisions in our life and of course, the way the Big Man upstairs works, he gave me a bible study that was exactly about that.
 
 
The verse said.
 
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye"
-Psalm 32:8
 
 
Underneath the given verse, there is always a small story given-- the famous baseball player Yogi Berra once said that his favorite quote is "when you come to the fork in the road, take it." He said originally when giving someone directions to his home, because either way you turned at the fork, right or left, it still led to his house. Don't you wish it was that way in life?

I understand that God has our lives already mapped out and knows exactly where we will be in an hour or in a few days or even in 10-20 years. It just gets tricky because we don't know any of that until we actually get there. We are faced with choices everyday and we chose one path instead of the other. We will never know what that other path had in store for us but we don't need to know. Knowing that everything that we do is for Him makes me know that everything will turn out okay and that we will end up where we are supposed to--not because it's necessarily what we want, but what He wants for us.
 
Blaze and I have completely put our faith and lives in His hands.. no matter what feelings or challenges we come across. Blaze has definitely helped me with this because if anyone knows me, they know that I am a planner--I have to have everything planned out and I like to know exactly what is going to happen (I HATE surprises). He has definitely opened my eyes over the past few months to the idea that I cant have everything planned and mapped out and that we just have to have faith, faith that everything will work out because it's not about what we want or what we need.. it's always about what He wants and what He needs us to do. And in the end if we all just have a little faith, He will make everything okay and give us the better life in the long road.
 
Those of you that are close to me know what this post is probably about and you guys have been super helpful in just listening to us vent and talk it out. Those of you that don't, it's nothing life threatening or anything.. no worries. But maybe just pray for us as we continue with our struggles and just pray that we have faith in whatever direction we go.. that God will make it clear to us what he wants us to do.


I hope ya'll have a GREAT Tuesday!
 
 
xoxo
Lovely Lambert

 

No comments :

Post a Comment